Friday, March 12, 2010

Grumbling

My Lesson today was grumbling. Well, I read about how in between miracles the Israelites grumbled against their leadership and their God Ex.15:24-25 and Ex.16:2-3. Pricilla also asked the question in our "in between" times what are we doing are we thanking and praising him (Philippians 4:6 )or are we complaining as she put it a " grumbling spirit". I could not help but feel a cloud of conviction on me. I quickly remembered when Jason and I were house hunting and I found "the house"....... To me it was my dream house I loved it . Well, because of property tax and something called PMI it pushed it out of our monthly price point . Needless to say I threw a literal fit I mean I screamed and cried I threw myself on my bed in tears called my mom and anyone else who would sympathize and listen. I think I even stomped my feet I threw a bigger fit than Ella my 3 year old . It's funny because I started that story out with I remember and it was last week. Okay to save a little face here I am pregnant and some hormones were involved okay. In the midst of my extreme disappointment the Lord was working and in between sobs I did say whatever and wherever it will be it will be good. I cannot help but to laugh my poor mom after several days of crying and whining she told me "Leslie today I want you to praise him all day and do not do anything else just a whole day of praise". Well,
I cannot tell you how that blessed me...... I cried not because of my fit throwing but because I recalled how far the Lord has brought me and all he has given me.....I repented. So, I come to this when my next "in between time" comes I will choose to praise him and come to him with thanksgiving and praise and choose to think on the things that are worthy of his praise and things that are lovely, the things that are true there are 5 more see Philippians4:8. Although I failed that test miserably just like the Israelites did back in the old I will embrace the next test with a hopeful and humble heart. Just a little update and praise report which I did NOT deserve but I am so grateful for the Lord put in our path the builder of the house I loved and is building the same house down the street at our price point . The builder is a christian and we are so excited.
If I just would have waited on the Lord with a heart full of praise I would have saved myself the shame of the "grumbling spirit" I hope you learn from my mistake and thank him today because he worthy and all deserving.
For HIS Glory,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment